This information is a part of Manage Users.
If you are creating user accounts for both training and operational sites, read the Related Information on Manage Users first.
There are two methods of creating and editing users.
Option - Import a File
You can import a user file to add new users or to update or replace existing users. This process is commonly done for additions or changes that involve multiple users as described in Import and Export Data.
Option - Enter Details Directly
You can enter user details for a new user or edit the details of an existing user directly within the system.
From Setup > Users, search to find the user(s) you want to edit, or click the down arrow next to the Search button, and click show all results. Select the user(s) you want to edit. If you want to create a user, this step is unnecessary.Click here to view a screenshot...
Open the task list and select Create / Edit Users and click Start.Click here to view a screenshot...
You can specify the dates on which the account begins to have access to the system and when the account no longer has access to the system.
- If you specify a date range, the user can log in only during the date range specified.
- An email notification is sent to the user when a user account is created:
- If an Active Begin Date is specified, the user will be notified based on that date, which could be a current or future date.
- In the absence of a specified Active Begin Date, the user will be notified immediately
If you are editing, select a user from the list at the left of the page. Enter or make changes to the user information and click Save. If you are creating, select Create Users. Enter the user information and click Create.
- When a new account is created, the user receives an account activation email. The account is activated either based on the specified Active Begin Date, or immediately.
To see more detailed information about the user, click Show User Details.
To see when changes were made to a user account and who made them, click Show Audit Trail.Click here to view screenshots...
- To learn about user account data fields, see User Account Data Fields.
- To view user account information, follow these steps:
From Setup > Users, search to find the user(s) you want to view or click the down arrow next to the Search button to reveal and select the Show All Results check box.
Click the information icon in the Username column. If this column is not visible, click Manage Columns, select the check box for Username, and click Apply.Click here to view a screenshot...