This information is a part of Manage Online Tests.
This is one of the tasks to be done During Online Testing.
This page describes how to manage sections for a test with multiple sections. For a multiple sections test, you can specify a test section for a student(s) to log in.
Tests with Multiple Sections
Depending on your program, you may have a test with multiple tests or sections. Some programs refer to these sections as units. These sections are delivered to students as individual tests, but the test is treated as a whole for scoring and reporting.
Prerequisite for Managing Sections
Before you perform the task described on this page, select a session which is prepared and has started. To prepare and start a session, see Manage an Online Test Session page.
How to Manage Sections
Manage Sections for a Multiple Sections Test
When assigning sections to students, check their test statuses.
- Pearson recommends that you do not set sections for students with Active Status. To assign a section to a student with the Active status, see how to Resume a Test.
- You cannot set sections for students with the Completed status.
To manage test sections assignment, follow these steps:
From Testing > Students in Sessions, add test session(s) to the Session List on the left of the page. Select a test session. If you have trouble finding your session to manage test section assignment, go to Testing > Sessions, and select the test session(s) that contain the students and return to Students in Sessions and the session(s) will be listed.Click here to view a screenshot...
Open the task list and select Manage Sections and click Start.Click here to view a screenshot...
View the sections assignments for the selected session. You can also change the session selection from the Session drop-down list at the left of the page. The Session drop-down will list all the sessions you have selected on the Students in Sessions or Sessions page.
There are three student section statuses:
- Not Started (N): Total number of students who have not started the section
- Started (S): Total number of students who have started the section
Completed (C): Total number of students who have completed the sectionClick here to view a screenshot...
The Current column displays the total number of students currently logged in to or assigned that section.
- Review the section assignment status. You can either assign a specific section to all students or make individual student section assignments. You can also use different filters available
To assign a section for all students, click Set Current Sections for All, next to a section name. And then click Save.Click here to view a screenshot...
To assign a section to a student(s), see the list of students in the session at the bottom of the page . For an individual student, under Current Section mark the section you want to assign. And then click Save.Click here to view a screenshot...
- To learn and manage student statuses, see Monitor or Change Student Status.