This information is a part of System Basics.
Some features are only available to some user accounts. Each user account has a user role(s) and permissions associated with it. These permissions control the data the user can view and actions the user can perform. If you do not see a specific feature, your account is not configured to access it. See Manage Users for more information.
Your testing program will provide information identifying user roles and what each is permitted to do and see.
How to Understand the System Features
The Title Bar
The bar spanning across the top of the page contains several important global features of system navigation, notification, and personal settings. (Click to enlarge images throughout this documentation.)
The following items in the title bar are clickable:
- The PearsonAccessnext logo to return to the system Home page.
- The bell icon to show pending Transfer Requests and Reporting Requests.
- The flag icon to view or Resolve Student Data Errors and Warnings and Resolve User Account Email Delivery Failure Errors.
- Your selected test administration to Change Your Test Administration.
- Your selected organization to Change Your Organization and Test Administration.
- The user icon to Update Your Account Details, Reset Your Password, or Log Out.
The Main Section
Just below the title bar is the menu bar. The menu bar provides access to pages where you will perform tasks and find information.
On the Home page, menu options are accessible through the Setup, Testing, and Reports drop-downs, as well as within the menu bar.
Other User Interface Elements
The following table lists some of the user interface(UI) elements which are essential to perform different tasks within the system.
Tabs are used within the system for categorizing system's functional areas.
Click each tab to see a list of available options.
Drop-downs provide multiple selection options.
Click the drop-down arrowto view the list of available options.
The combo drop-downs provide more selection options.
The system provides up to 50 results for a drop-down. If you are unable to locate the result you are looking for, use a wildcard or type in the result name. For how to search, see Search.
Search box helps to locate a specific record or information.
Check boxes provide an option to select one or more records or tasks.
|Information icon||Click the information iconto see additional information.|
Links take you to different areas within the system.
Date icons provide access to a calendar.
- To understand more about performing tasks, see Perform Tasks.
- Some features are only available to some user accounts. If you do not see a specific feature, your account is not configured to access it.
- Some features are only available during a specific window of time.