Understand Scoring is the online training platform for scoring the Arizona English Language Learner Assessment (AZELLA) for Stages II-V Writing and the Kindergarten Placement Test.
The Kindergarten Placement Test (KPT) qualification is distinct from AZELLA Placement Test Stage II-V Writing qualification. It is not required nor expected that the same individuals be qualified for both functions.
|Table of Contents|
Accessing Understand Scoring
TestNav 8 is the online test delivery system Florida uses to administer NGSSS assessments.
|Table of Contents|
Accessing TestNav 8
Remember always to log out when you are done with AZELLA training. When you log out, no further information is stored in your profile. When you log out, other people using the computer after you cannot access your profile and cannot affect your practice scoring progress or scores.
Using Understand Scoring
To use Understand Scoring.
To download TestNav apps, see http://download.testnav.com/.
To set up your testing environment, see Set up and Use TestNav.
Kiosk mode prevents students from accessing any other web pages or applications besides TestNav while testing.
Using TestNav 8
To use TestNav 8, perform these tasks.
- Create an Account
- Learn the System Basics
- Train to Score (we call these Training Sets)
- Practice Scoring (we call these Practice Sets)
- Qualify as a Scorer (we call these Qualification Sets)
- Review Scoring Progress
Arizona Policies - Understand Scoring
To qualify, you must perform to these levels.
- Kindergarten Placement Test (KPT) - There are 38 items total items for KPT. Two-point items must have an exact match to be considered correct. For item 38 (score 0-3) an adjacent score is also considered correct.
- Stages II-V Writing - There are 20 items total in each practice set and qualification set. Each answer should be an exact match. However, up to six (6) answers with an adjacent score will also be considered correct.
You MUST successfully complete at least one qualification set in order to receive a Test Administrator Qualification Number (for KPT) or Qualified Writing Scorer Code (for AZELLA Placement Stages II-V Writing). You will receive a different Qualified Writing Scorer Code for each Stage Writing qualification set that you pass. These codes will be printed on your certificate and listed in the Cert.ID column of the table presented in Review Scoring Progress.
If you do not successfully complete at least one qualification set, you will not receive a number. Contact your AZELLA District Test Coordinator for further instructions.
- Check the TestNav System Requirements to determine whether your testing systems are suitable. Currently, Florida is using TestNav 8.9.
- Run App Check to help to ensure devices and operating systems meet system requirements.
- Read the ProctorCache Overview.
- Check the ProctorCache System Requirements.
- Set Up and Use ProctorCache.
- Review Set up and Use TestNav
- Cache your test content using PearsonAccess. See the PearsonAccess documentation for instructions.
- Understand the System Layout
- TestNav Troubleshooting - includes information about error codes, log files, saved response files (SRF), and the Early Warning System (EWS).
Florida Policies - TestNav 8
All schools are required to use ProctorCache.
Each computer/device must run an Infrastructure Trial to ensure it has been set up correctly.