TestNav 8 is the online test delivery system Florida uses to administer NGSSS assessments.
|Table of Contents|
Accessing TestNav 8
To download TestNav apps, see http://download.testnav.com/.
To set up your testing environment, see Set up and Use TestNav.
Kiosk mode prevents students from accessing any other web pages or applications besides TestNav while testing.
Using TestNav 8
To use TestNav 8, perform these tasks.
- Create an Account
- Learn the System Basics
- Train to Score (we call these Training Sets)
- Practice Scoring (we call these Practice Sets)
- Qualify as a Scorer (we call these Qualification Sets)
- Review Scoring Progress
The following set of tasks will confirm that your equipment and software is appropriate and set up properly for testing. Perform these tasks in advance of testing.
- Check Workstation Specs and Software Versions - FL
- Understand ProctorCache - FL
- Check ProctorCache Requirements - FL
- Install ProctorCache - FL
- Set Up TestNav - FL
- Cache Test Content - FL
The following set of tasks assist you in successfully administering your testing.
- Troubleshoot TestNav - FL
Florida Policies - TestNav 8
To qualify, you must perform to these levels.
- Kindergarten Placement Test (KPT) - There are 38 items total items for KPT. Two-point items must have an exact match to be considered correct. For item 38 (score 0-3) an adjacent score is also considered correct.
- Stages II-V Writing - There are 20 items total in each practice set and qualification set. Each answer should be an exact match. However, up to six (6) answers with an adjacent score will also be considered correct.
You MUST successfully complete at least one qualification set in order to receive a Test Administrator Qualification Number (for KPT) or Qualified Writing Scorer Code (for AZELLA Placement Stages II-V Writing). You will receive a different Qualified Writing Scorer Code for each Stage Writing qualification set that you pass. These codes will be printed on your certificate and listed in the Cert.ID column of the table presented in Review Scoring Progress.
If you do not successfully complete at least one qualification set, you will not receive a number. Contact your AZELLA District Test Coordinator for further instructions.
- Check the TestNav System Requirements to determine whether your testing systems are suitable. Currently, Florida is using TestNav 8.9.
- Run App Check to help to ensure devices and operating systems meet system requirements.
- Read the ProctorCache Overview.
- Check the ProctorCache System Requirements.
- Set Up and Use ProctorCache.
- Review Set up and Use TestNav
- Cache your test content using PearsonAccess. See the PearsonAccess documentation for instructions.
- Understand the System Layout
- TestNav Troubleshooting - includes information about error codes, log files, saved response files (SRF), and the Early Warning System (EWS).
Florida Policies - TestNav 8
All schools are required to use ProctorCache.
Each computer/device must run an Infrastructure Trial to ensure it has been set up correctly.