Search TestNav 8 Online Support:
|title||Tools and Accessibility Features|
|Tool or Feature||Behavior||Additional Information|
|Does not appear on all item (question) parts.|
Depending on the item type, the color-contrast setting may display a box or an outline around an item, but not fill it with the selected color.
These items include:
- Fraction model
- Bar graphs
- Some images
Line Reader Mask
Does not appear when the student moves from question to question.
This reflects the current, intended functionality. Students should open the line reader mask on each item, as needed.
- Closes when the student navigates to another item.
This reflects the current, intended functionality. Students should open the magnifier on each item, as needed.
- Does not allow the student to answer an item if it covers the answer choice.
Students cannot click through the magnifier. Students must move the magnifier to the side to answer an item. They can also move it using the zoom feature by pressing CTRL (or Command) +/-.
- Does not magnify the TI-84 Graphing Calculator display.
Students cannot magnify the TI-84 Graphing Calculator. Students can use the zoom feature by pressing CTRL (or Command) +/- .
- At times, does not magnify all item parts.
Depending on the item type, students may need to use the zoom feature by pressing CTRL (or Command) +/-.
Some examples include Fraction Wheel or Number-line items.
Does not allow students to resize it.
This reflects the current, intended functionality. Students can move the notepad from side-to-side to more easily take notes while reading.
Shows an item as Not Answered until the student answers all parts of the item.
Students should scroll down to ensure they answer all parts of the question.
Depending on specific characters or graphics, TTS may not consistently highlight word-to-word.
- For the English Language Arts assessments, TTS may highlight the entire paragraph, if it contains certain symbols.
- For mathematics, TTS may highlight an entire line of an equation, if it contains open parentheses, closed parentheses, and some other characters.
|TI-84 Graphing Calculator ||Defaults to radians, not degrees.||This reflects the current, intended functionality. Students can change the setting to Degrees in the calculator's Mode menu. TestNav retains this setting until they sign out of that test session. |
Distorts page, upon using Ctrl (or Command)+ to zoom multiple times.
Pearson recommends that students limit zoom to 300% to avoid distorting items.
|title||Assessment Item Interactions|
Equation Editor (EE)
At times, exhibits a slight delay between the student typing and the EE displaying the text or numbers.
Potential causes may include:
- The system converting typed characters into MathML characters
- Using older testing devices or wireless keyboards
If the delay hinders the student, proctors can reboot the testing device or switch to another testing device.
|Rich Text Editor |
- Does not indent paragraphs when the student presses the Tab key. Instead, it moves the cursor out of the essay box.
This reflects the current, intended functionality.
- Does not allow the student to cut, copy, or paste passage text into the rich text editor or the notepad.
|The student can cut, copy, or paste only text that he or she writes him or herself. For example, a student can copy text from the notepad into the rich text editor for the essay response. |