Practice gives you an opportunity to use what you have studied in training. Practice uses the same processes as the qualification scoring and the actual scoring you will ultimately do, but without the pressure of having to get it right. This provides an opportunity to get comfortable with the system and how it functions while continuing to see items at various score points.
To practice scoring, follow these steps.
- From the main page, select the grade you want to practice scoring, as described in Select a Grade.
From the page for the grade, select the tab that corresponds to practice. Because the system is configured specifically for each customer, what you see may be different than this screenshot.Click here to view a screenshot...
The items to be scored will be presented to you one by one. Review each response. This may require reading a paper, watching a video, or listening to audio, depending on the type of item you are training to score. Click to select your score, then use the forward arrow to proceed to the next item. Scores are custom to each program, so you may be assigning a number, a letter, a word, or other type of evaluation. Once a score is selected, your progress is saved.Click here to view a screenshot...
When all items are scored, click Review to review the questions and scores you have already assigned. While on the review page, click any item number to go to that item. You may change your selected scores during the review.Click here to view screenshots...
Then, once your review is complete, from the review screen, click End Test. This will score your test and you will no longer be able to change your answers.
- Ending the test will take you to a page to view your results.
- From the Scoring Summary page, click the appropriate practice set to return to the Review page.
- On the Review page, your selected score and the assigned score will be displayed for all items. To review any item, click the item number. This will take you back to the practice set item. On this page, you can view your selected score, the assigned score, and an explanation why the item was assigned the score.
- Click Review to return to the Review page or use the forward and back arrows to navigate through the practice set.
- Click the qualification tab when you are through reviewing the practice set.
Click to select a different tab or log out at any time to exit practice.
Click Prompt / Rubric at any time to view the prompt that was provided to the test taker and to view the scoring rubric.
Use the arrows to move back and forth between the items.
After you have completed a test, you can go back to it. When you do, both your selected score and the correct score will be displayed above the item. An annotation explaining the reasoning for the correct score will be displayed below the item.