You can create items, within the Pearson Access UI, to add to tests for your students.
- Confirm your role and project under your name, and your district or school in the Organization dropdown. If you have access to multiple projects or organizations, click each dropdown to select the one(s) you want to view.
The instructions below pertain to the Choice interaction. Pearson Access offers only specific item types. See links to more information on each within the Resources page.
- From the main menu, click (or tap) Tests.
- Click a test type.
- Click Create Test.
Click Select Subject to select from the Content Area/Subject dropdown, and click Select Grade to select from the Sub-topic or Grade dropdown.
In the Items row, click Create Item.
Read the instructions, How to Author Content, under the Edit tab. Enter required metadata under the Metadata tab. The item Status defaults to In Progress (Private). You can choose to update that status , depending on where you are in the item creation process and with whom you want to share it.
Select standards with which to align the items you create in the Metadata tab, and review optional areas to add metadata that may apply to the item.
Click the Elements tab, and click an Add icon () next to a stimulus or stem to begin authoring an item. See below for an example of how to add and edit a Choice interaction.
9a - Click the Add icon ( ) next to Choice.
9b - Click the Delete icon () to delete the item you started creating.
9c - Click the Prompt arrow and/or Choices arrow to open text boxes to draft a prompt and choices for it.
9d - Type in the Max Selectable field to indicate how many choices the student can select for the item.
9e - Select Unlimited to allow the student to select an unlimited amount of choices for the item.
9f - Click the arrow to add a choice. You can select a Text, Art, or Table choice.
9g - Use the formatting options in each choice text box to format the choices you create.
9h - Select the box next to Correct to indicate the correct answer for the item.
9i - Click the choice's Delete icon () to the delete that choice.
Toggle between Edit Mode and Preview Mode for both the item and the entire test to see how your online items/test will appear in TestNav.
- Click the Save icon () to save the item, enter any comments necessary, and click Save, again. The Upload Files for TN8 Preview popup appears.
- Click Upload.
- Click the Scoring tab to view or edit scoring information for the item.
- Click the More menu icon (
- Click the Metadata tab, and then, the arrow above UIN to expand the Status tab and select an updated status. To use an item in a test, you must select a Completed status.
Depending on the item's status, you or other users can add it to a test.
Create more items or passages, review other items or passages, and create a test form or quiz.