Proctor caching is a feature of TestNav, as described in the ProctorCache Overview section of the TestNav online documentation.
The pages in this section tell you how to perform the configuration tasks in PearsonAccessnext that are prerequisites for using proctor caching.
It is useful to remember that:
- The proctor caching machine is a computer being used to store the cached content.
- The ProctorCache software runs on the proctor caching machine and must be installed using the TestNav instructions, as described in Set Up and Use ProctorCache.
- You configure proctor caching in PearsonAccessnext.
Proctor Caching Checklist
- Create a configuration, as described in Configure TestNav for Proctor Caching and Precache Content.
- Create an Online Test Session and set it to use the proctor caching configuration you created.
- Add Students to Online Test Sessions.
- Precache your content, as described in Configure TestNav for Proctor Caching and Precache Content.
- After proctor caching is set up and running, Manage Cached Content for Online Test Sessions.
If you are not going to use a configuration again, you can Delete Previously Created TestNav and Proctor Caching Configurations.