Students are the test-takers within an organization. Student data refers to student demographic data and test-related information. Student data must be entered into the system before students can be assigned to a test (online or paper).
There are two methods of managing student data.
- You can Import and Export Data files, which is commonly done for additions or changes that involve multiple students. When students are imported this way, all of the necessary steps are completed to get them set up for testing. (For paper testing, initial enrollment counts for most organizations also are included in the imported student data files. You can review and manually adjust enrollment counts as described in Manage Paper Tests.)
- You can also manage the data directly into the system, which is the process that this section describes.
When viewing a student, select Show Student Details for even more information about the selected student.
This section tells you how to manage students.
- Create and Edit Student Records
- Delete Student Records
- Use Operational Reports to Find Students
- Register Students in a Test Administration
- Manage Student or Group Test Assignments
- Manage Student Enrollments in an Organization
- Request Enrollment Transfer
- Authorize Enrollment Transfer
- Move Test Assignments Between Students
- Generate Sample Students
These are the main tasks necessary to assign a student to a test:
Tests are associated with organizations and test administrations. Published tests that are available for the current organization and the selected test administration are displayed.
- Tests must be available to the organization and test administration before participation counts can be collected, and before students can be assigned to the test.
- Tests cannot be removed if student test assignments exist for the organization and test.