- User accounts
- Student registration
- Test sessions
The PearsonAccessnext Online User Guide is generic to all states and programs that use PearsonAccessnext , and addresses all functionality in PearsonAccessnext. This MCAS Reference page outlines MCAS tasks and functions in PearsonAccessnext . MCAS has also created quick guides that address specific tasks, like managing users in PearsonAccessnext and loading a Student Registration Import. To find quick start guides, go to the MCAS support center, and click the PearsonAccessnext and Technology Setup tabs.
Some features are only available to some user accounts. Each user account has a user role(s) and permissions associated with it. These permissions control the data the user can view and actions the user can perform. If you do not see a specific feature, your account is not configured to access it.
To view the User Role Matrix for PearsonAccessnext , go to mcas.pearsonsupport.com and select the PearsonAccessnext tab.
To setup users, view the following online user guide pages:
Prepare for Testing
To prepare for testing, view the following online user guide pages:
- Create and Edit a Student RecordsRecord.
- Manage Student Tests.
- Add Students to Online Test Sessionsa Student to a Session.
- Configure TestNav for Proctor Caching
Perform these tasks while testing is in progress:
- Manage an Online Test SessionStart a Session and Unlock a Test(s).
- Retrieve Resources for an Online Test - Student Test Tickets to download and print.
- Move Students a Student Test Between Online Test Sessions.
- Monitor or Change Student Test Status.
- Remove Students from Online Test Sessionsa Student from a Session.
Changes to Student Information: Any changes to student data in PearsonAccessnext must also be made in Student Information Management System (SIMS). Contact your district SIMS coordinator to report any changes (go to profiles.doe.mass.edu/search/search.aspx?leftNavID=11239, click Function, select SIMS Contact, and click Get Results).