PearsonAccessnext is the online test management system Massachusetts uses to administer MCAS. It is used to manage:
- User accounts
- Student registration
- Test sessions
Some features are only available to some user accounts. Each user account has a user role(s) and permissions associated with it. These permissions control the data the user can view and actions the user can perform. If you do not see a specific feature, your account is not configured to access it.
To view User Role Matrix for PearsonAccessnext , go to mcas.pearsonsupport.com and select the PearsonAccessnext tab.
- Configure Response File Backup Locations.
- Understand Proctor Caching.
- Create a configuration, as described in Configure TestNav for Proctor Caching.
Department of Elementary and Secondary Education recommends using ProctorCache software to Precache Test Content to in order to ensure all content is cached before the test starts.
Set Up User Accounts
To setup users, view the following online user guide pages:
- Create and Edit Student Records.
- Manage Student Tests.
Manage Enrollment Counts: All schools must review and verify enrollment counts.
Expand title Click here to learn how to manage enrollment counts... Include Page IR:_PAsup_ManageEnrollmentCounts IR:_PAsup_ManageEnrollmentCounts
- Add Students to Online Test Sessions.
- Configure TestNav for Proctor Caching.
Perform these tasks while testing is in progress:
- Manage an Online Test Session.
- Retrieve Resources for an Online Test - Retrieve Seal Codes and Student Test Tickets to download and print.
- Move Students Between Online Test Sessions.
- Monitor or Change Student Status.
- Remove Students from Online Test Sessions.