Search TestNav 8 Online Support:
|title||Apple Configurator via USB|
To enable single app mode on iPad using Apple Configurator, you first back up the device to retain any data or applications. YouThen, then, turn on Supervised mode (which wipes the device) for your organization to wipe the device.
You may restore the iPad after testing by placing the iPad in Supervised mode to put data and apps back on the device.
- Connect the iPad to a Mac OS X machine using a USB connection.
- On the Mac OS X machine, launch Apple Configurator.
- On the Configurator's Prepare tab, turn on Supervision.
- Click the Prepare button at the bottom of the window.
- If prompted, enter the appropriate organization information and click Done.
- When you are asked to confirm that you want to apply the settings, click Apply.
- Wait while the Configurator completes the updates. When complete, click the Supervise tab.
- From the Lock to App drop-down menu, select TestNav.
Click Apply at the bottom of the window.
- To release a device from the single app mode, confirm that the device is connected to the Mac OS X Server. Then select None from the same menu.