Proctor caching is a feature of TestNav, as described in the TestNav online documentation at ProctorCache Overview.
The pages in this section of the PearsonAccessnext documentation tell you how to perform the configuration tasks in PearsonAccessnext that are prerequisites for using proctor caching.
It is useful to remember that:
- The proctor caching machine is a computer being used to store the cached content
- The ProctorCache software runs on the proctor caching machine and must be installed using the TestNav instructions, as described at Install ProctorCache
- The ProctorCache software documentation can be found at Use ProctorCache
- You configure proctor caching in PearsonAccessnext
Proctor Caching Checklist
- Create a configuration, as described in Configure TestNav for Proctor Caching and Precache Content.
- Create an Online Test Session and set it to use the proctor caching configuration you created.
- Add Students to Online Test Sessions.
- Precache your content, as described in Configure TestNav for Proctor Caching and Precache Content.
After proctor caching is set up and running, Manage Cached Content for Online Test Sessions.