Users with permissions to do so can assign accommodations to students that require them, such as text-to-speech (TTS). Accommodations like TTS are available for online testing, and others (for example, braille) are paper-based.
User roles with the appropriate permissions can assign accommodations to individual students as follows:
- Go to Rostering > Users.
- Search for the appropriate student, and then select the Edit icon in the Actions column.
- On the Accommodations tab, select the appropriate accommodations for each accommodation profile. If a checkbox is grayed out (cannot be selected) that means that it has been selected to be available in another profile in Client Settings but is not available in the current profile.
- You can select the Apply to All button to apply the Default accommodation to all profiles.
- Select Save.
Teachers can view or edit their students' accommodations as follows:
- Select My Classes.
- Select a class.
- Select the more menu for a student, and then select Accommodations.
- You can change the accommodations if you have permission to do so. Select Save after making any changes.
Proctors can view student accommodations in the Proctor Dashboard by hovering over the accommodations bubble for a student. The number in the bubble indicates the number of accommodations assigned to the student. Proctors can change the TTS accommodation from the Proctor Dashboard if their role has permission.