This article outlines how to define and assign accommodations, such as Text to Speech (TTS). Certain accommodations, such as text-to-speech, are available for online testing and others, such as Braille, are paper-based or local accommodations that are noted in the student record.
Admin roles with the appropriate permissions can add or edit the accommodation profiles in Client Settings. A student's accommodations for each profile can then be selected in their student record.
ImportantWhen creating a test, you MUST select the appropriate accommodation profile in Test Config and the appropriate accommodations for that profile in the student record.
- Go to System > Client Settings > Accommodations.
- In the left column, select all accommodations used in your environment.
- In the Limited Editing column, select the accommodations that users will not be able to change if Limited Accommodations Editing is selected for their role in Role Configuration.
- The Default profile contains accommodations as they were defined prior to implementing accommodation profiles. Most clients currently use only the Default profile.
- Select the Edit icon on an existing accommodation profile to make changes.
- Select the Add Profile button to add a new profile that can be used for a type of test, such as ELA or math.
- After making changes to an accommodation profile, select Submit button at the bottom of the page.
All profiles will be available in the student record, where you can select the appropriate accommodations for that student from each profile. After an accommodation has been assigned to students or tests, its checkbox will be disabled to prevent data errors.
User roles with the appropriate permissions can assign accommodations to individual students as follows:
- Go to Rostering > Users.
- Search for the appropriate student, and then select the Edit icon in the Actions column.
- On the Accommodations tab, select the appropriate accommodations for each accommodation profile. If a checkbox is grayed out (cannot be selected) that means that it has been selected to be available in another profile in Client Settings but is not available in the current profile.
- You can select the Apply to All button to apply the Default accommodation to all profiles.
- Select Save.
Teachers can view or edit their students' accommodations as follows:
- Select My Classes.
- Select a class.
- Select the more menu for a student, and then select Accommodations.
- You can change the accommodations if you have permission to do so. Select Save after making any changes.
Proctors can view student accommodations (for the ADAM player and TestNav) in the Proctor Dashboard by hovering over the accommodations bubble for a student. The number in the bubble indicates the number of accommodations assigned to the student. Proctors can change the Text To Speech accommodation from the Proctor Dashboard if their role has permission.