- This line was added.
- This line was removed.
- Formatting was changed.
For step-by-step setup instructions, click the links below. You can also read further on this page for a detailed overview on installable TestNav, App Check, and saved response file (SRF) and log files.
Some page names in this section (listed below) have recently changed. To link to a page, you must use the tiny link to avoid a broken link when a page name changes.
- Set Up TestNav Desktop on OS X
- Set Up TestNav Desktop on Windows
- Set Up TestNav Desktop on Linux
- Set Up TestNav on Android
- Set Up TestNav on Chrome OS
- Set Up TestNav on iOS
Wireless Testing Best Practices
If you're testing wirelessly, use the following best practices:
- Use the most wireless access points (WAPs) possible.
- Limit the number of computers per WAP.
- Limit distance and obstructions between devices and the WAPs.
- Run an infrastructure trial to test capacity and performance.
Understand App Check
You can find App Check on the TestNav Sign In page. App Check confirms that the device or computer can connect to TesNav and that it is configured to start TestNav in kiosk mode. An optional configuration identifier may be entered to validate additional TestNav configurations from the assessment management system.
See the Run App Check section on each setup page for basic step-by step instruction.
TestNav app version 1.56.x is required after its August 2016 July 2017 release.
Users will see an error message if a testing device does not have the updated version installed.
The table below shows upcoming requirement changes implemented with version 1.6.x:
The table below shows how each app updates.
*Unless the auto-update feature is disabled. If disabled, download updated versions from the appropriate app store.