Users with the role permissions to do so can create and manage user roles (for example, Student, Teacher, and School Admin)on the Role Config page.
In most cases, user role configuration is set up as part of the program implementation process.
For environments using nightly feeds...
Pearson recommends that user roles should not be given Edit access to settings that update nightly. Data uploaded nightly should be set to View only.
This might include Rostering settings (for example, Users, Orgs, Classes, and so on).
- Select System, and then select Role Config.
The Role Config page contains three main sections.
- Select an existing role to view or edit its permissions.
- Select a Basic Role Setup category tab to view or edit permissions in that category for the selected role.
- Select Add New Role to create a new user role with unique permissions.
- Select an existing role, then select the Duplicate Role button to copy the role.
- Select Export Role Configuration to export the settings to an Excel spreadsheet.
- Reference the expandable sections below to define settings for a new role. Each tab corresponds with the main navigation menu in ADAM, to the left of the screen.
For many of the data elements in the following section, you must select Hide, View, or Edit to specify whether users assigned that role:
- Cannot view that data (Hide)
- Can only view that data (View)
- Or, can edit that data (Edit)