This checklist is intended to be used by testing programs to help guide your preparation. While you should use this as a source document, your programs will create more-detailed checklists that are likely to include policy and role information.
Tasks listed on this page are in as close to chronological order as possible. The timing of some tasks may overlap.
Additional preparation tasks only for online tests
Perform technical prerequisites by configuring the TestNav server details, student response file backup locations, and proctor caching.
- Configure Response File Backup Locations.
- Manage Proctor Caching.
- Create a configuration, as described in Configure TestNav for ProctorCache.
- Create a Session and set it to use the proctor caching configuration you created.
- Add a Student to a Session.
- Update PNP Settings.
- Precache your content, as described in Precache Test Content.
Additional preparation tasks only for paper tests
Required actions at this stage are different depending on whether your testing is online or on paper.
Tasks for online test session management
- Start a Session and Unlock a Test
- Retrieve Resources for an Online Test
- During testing, Monitor or Change Student Test Status.
- When test session is complete, stop the test session as described in Stop a Session.
Tasks for paper test management
- Follow your program's stated procedures for handling paper testing materials.
- Resolve Student Data Errors and Warnings, if needed.