This checklist is intended to be used by testing programs to help guide your preparation as you assign the various tasks to specific people. It is best used as a source document while creating more-detailed checklists that are likely to include policy and role information.
Tasks listed on this page are in as close to chronological order as possible. The timing of some tasks may overlap.
Some features are only available to some user accounts. Each user account has a user role(s) and permissions associated with it. These permissions control the data the user can view and actions the user can perform. If you do not see a specific feature, your account is not configured to access it. See Manage Users for more information.
Your testing program will provide information identifying user roles and what each is permitted to do and see.
- Confirm that the computers you will use for testing meet the stated System Requirements for PearsonAccessnext.
- Learn the System Basics.
- Learn how to Import and Export Data.
Set Up Organizations and Users
- Create and Edit Organizations.
- Manage Contacts.
- Manage Participation in Test Administrations.
- Create and Edit User Accounts.
Prepare for Testing
- Create and Edit Student Records.
- Create and Edit Groups
- Register Students in a Test Administration.
- Manage Student or Group Test Assignments.
Additional preparation tasks only for online tests
Perform technical prerequisites by configuring the TestNav server details, student response file backup locations, and proctor caching.
- Configure Response File Backup Locations.
- Understand Proctor Caching.
- Create a configuration, as described in Configure TestNav for Proctor Caching.
- Create an Online Test Session and set it to use the proctor caching configuration you created.
- Add Students to Online Test Sessions.
- Confirm PNP Settings for a Student.
- Precache your content, as described in Precache Test Content.
Additional preparation tasks only for paper tests
Finalize and submit your data so that the appropriate quantity of testing materials are sent to you.
Required actions at this stage are different depending on whether your testing is online or on paper.
Tasks for online test session management
Tasks for paper test management
- Follow your program's stated procedures for handling paper testing materials.
- Resolve Student Data Errors and Warnings, if needed.